The search for Turkish citizenship is one of the most important topics that occupy the thinking of foreigners residing in Turkey, especially since Turkish law allows obtaining it according to specific methods. Other inquiries that you need to know are
An important article for those inquiring about Turkish citizenship for foreigners
Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship for foreigners:
Turkish citizenship is granted according to several methods, namely:
Turkish citizenship by residency:
Each of the following foreign residents in Turkey is entitled to obtain citizenship:
• Holds a work permit in Turkey for 5 consecutive years at most.
• Who has obtained a family residence permit (due to marriage to a Turkish / Turkish man) for 3 years at most.
• Holder of long-term residence in Turkey for 8 years
Turkish citizenship by investment
Citizenship is granted to foreigners in Turkey in the following investment cases:
• Buying real estate in Turkey worth 250 thousand US dollars
• A bank deposit of 500 thousand US dollars in Turkey
• Investing in Turkey in any field with a capital of 500 thousand US dollars
• Providing job opportunities for 50 Turkish citizens
Turkish citizenship by Ottoman origins:
Whoever possesses documents proving the return of his assets to Ottoman origins can apply for Turkish citizenship after submitting all the documents that prove this.
Turkish citizenship by adoption
Turkish citizenship by adoption:
Citizenship is also granted to foreign minor children if they are adopted by a Turkish citizen
Exceptional Turkish citizenship:
It is granted exceptionally by a decision of the Presidency of the
Republic, or the Turkish Parliament, in the following cases:
• Athletes and creative people
• Entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, and investors
• Syrians residing in Turkey according to the temporary protection law
Of course, it is not possible to obtain Turkish citizenship according to the previous cases unless the competent authorities in Turkey write to the person nominated for citizenship, and the opposite is not done, such as if the person submits an application to obtain it, and the Turkish president also has the right to nominate whom he deems appropriate to obtain citizenship on an exceptional basis.
Anyone who finds himself eligible to obtain exceptional Turkish citizenship can send an application to the Immigration Department in the Turkish capital “Ankara” by Turkish postal PTT, including a summary of the applicant’s CV and the reasons for obtaining citizenship, along with attaching the necessary documents, and this application is used. Just to inquire about whether the person is a candidate for Turkish citizenship or not?
Stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship:
The naturalization procedures go through the following stages:
Submission of the application:
The application is submitted at the “Wish” Immigration Department in the region in which you reside, and the interview date is also set at the Immigration Department.
Prepare the necessary documents:
In the period between submitting the application and the interview, you must provide the following documents:
• birth certificate
• Marriage certificate or celibate certificate
• Lease contract, housing record, or title deed
• Application form
• 4 personal photos
• Some other documents may be required, depending on the method of obtaining citizenship, and in any case during the submission of the application, the competent immigration department employee will inform you of the necessary documents.
• You can change your name to another name in the Turkish language if you want that in the application form for Turkish citizenship for foreigners
• In the absence of a passport, it can be dispensed with other documents that prove the identity of the applicant.
• Previous documents are for each family member separately, although family documents are presented in one file, along with documents that prove the relationship of kinships, such as the marriage contract and the family book.
• In investment naturalization applications, documents or receipts must be brought proving payment of the minimum amount nominated for citizenship by investment.
• Certificates that prove the applicant’s competence and eligibility to obtain Turkish citizenship must be attached, translated into the Turkish language, and certified by the Notre Office.
No unofficial document is accepted in the naturalization file or forged documents, and in Turkish law, there are strict penalties for such cases, as the forgery file does not expire by prescription, and if the application to obtain Turkish citizenship for foreigners is accepted by using forged documents, the application will be canceled. Or, the nationality is withdrawn upon discovery of fraud at a later time.
The interview takes place at the Immigration Department, in which you submit the documents, and the employee may ask you some routine questions in the presence of an interpreter into the language you speak.
Study the nationality file
After the interview, you will be given a code to monitor the nationality file, and you will be notified of the progress in the citizenship file up-to-date by SMS text messages sent to your phone.
After the study of the file is completed, you will be informed of the rejection or acceptance
In the event of rejection, you have the right to review the Immigration Department to determine whether the application can be re-submitted or not
If accepted, your file will be transferred to the Population Department
Transfer to the circle of souls
After you obtain Turkish citizenship, your file will be transferred to the Civil Affairs Department to issue you a personal card, and it is sent to your home address by Turkish Post PTT
Notes on Turkish citizenship for foreigners:
• Tens of thousands of foreigners have obtained Turkish citizenship during the past few years, including nearly 100,000 Syrians with temporary protection, and more than 1,000 foreign investors.
• He always benefits from the right to obtain Turkish citizenship for foreigners, both the applicant, the wife, and children under the age of 18
• A Turkish passport application can be submitted directly after you obtain Turkish citizenship
• Immediately after you obtain citizenship, you will be treated as a Turkish citizen with full benefits, rights, and duties. You can exercise your electoral right in municipalities, parliament, and presidential elections, or even run for office, join parties, and get free services in the fields of education and health.
• If you have academic degrees issued outside Turkey, you must amend them in Turkey so that you can benefit from them in the search for a suitable job, such as any holder of a Turkish degree.
• Learning the Turkish language is very important for holders of Turkish citizenship, and it facilitates a lot of dealings and procedures and helps you to integrate with Turkish society easily.
The duration of the procedures for obtaining Turkish citizenship varies according to the method nominated for citizenship, and Turkey is working to remove many routine obstacles to obtaining citizenship.
• Citizenship applications are not accepted for those who have criminal sentences on Turkish territory or who have been assessed as a person threatening or participating in a threat to security in Turkey.
• If the citizenship application is rejected for a non-security reason, you can hire a Turkish lawyer and file an invitation in Turkish courts to appeal the citizenship file.
• Turkish citizenship for foreigners, especially those coming from Arab countries, represents a great hope after the growing crises that the countries of the Middle East are going through, and citizenship is safe for investors coming from this region.
In this article, we provided you a brief report on Turkish citizenship for foreigners in Turkey and how you can run for Turkish citizenship, and the necessary procedures for that in detail, with notes and recommendations required for anyone looking for this topic, hoping that we have covered all the details that interest you.