The issue of obtaining Turkish citizenship is one of the most important issues of concern to Syrians and Arabs in Turkey, generally speaking, for this, we shall address
Here is a detailed account of the stages of the process of the Turkish citizenship files after submitting them to the concerned authorities in the Turkish state.
Where the importance of this file is that it is widely circulated among the Arab communities in Turkey, and it is often spread to the lament
Incorrect or erroneous information related to it, or even outdated ones, about the naturalization decisions, papers, conditions, and stages
The process of obtaining Turkish citizenship as a whole.
Turkish citizenship law:
First, we must learn about the laws that allow foreigners to apply for Turkish citizenship, as in many cases the right to acquire
It must be included in articles in Turkish law if some conditions are fulfilled, which are summarized as follows:
1- A foreigner who obtained a work residency and resided in Turkey for five years.
2 – Investing in Turkey under specific conditions.
3 – Buying a property in Turkey with a specified financial value (at least $ 250,000).
4 – Through intermarriage and marriage to a Turkish person.
5 – Through adoption.
6 – By proving Turkish or Ottoman origins.
7- Long-term residence in Turkey for eight consecutive years.
8- The exceptional Turkish nationality
The Turkish government initially focused on the naturalization of people holding university degrees, in light of the presence of more than
About 3.5 million Syrians in Turkey. According to Turkish official statistics, and the most important ways for Syrians to obtain citizenship.
Syrians have embraced their hopes for obtaining citizenship through it
which is an exceptional nationality.
The stages of the Turkish citizenship file:
The naturalization files go through the routine followed by the Turkish laws through several basic stages, and the files differ in terms of time
Up to receiving the national identification card as of applying for Turkish citizenship, which is necessary to obtain citizenship,
For the first stage:
This stage is related to application submission
That is after you interview the application for Turkish citizenship at the Immigration Department, and your application is registered and approved
This stage includes studying the documents presented in the application file, and making sure that they are correct and official.
Eligible to transfer to the second stage.
The second phase:
Relatively speaking, only the procedures for transferring the applicant’s Turkish citizenship file from the Immigration Department to a directorate are completed, which considers this stage a short period
Al-Nufus, or what is known in Arabic as “the General Directorate of Personal Status.”
The Directorate of Souls in Turkey is the institution authorized to grant ID cards to citizens after they obtain citizenship
The remaining stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship are monitored through this directorate.
The stage of the initial examination of the file by the General Directorate of Civil Affairs, such as checking the completion of papers and supporting documents, and if the file is
For a family, personal files that prove kin, and some initial information, will be checked, which is a short stage
The fourth stage:
This stage has the advantage of being specific to the security study of the file and the extensive scrutiny of everything related to the security file of the person or
Persons applying, and this study may require transferring the file to security agencies specialized in research.
This stage is considered one of the most important stages of naturalization in Turkey, and the longest in time and its duration varies according to security research and its duration.
And its complications, sometimes up to several months, or perhaps a year if necessary.
It takes a long time during the security study, and a lot of files are rejected. Most of these exceptional citizenship files take place
The stage, as for the other types of naturalization, the fourth stage is considered for them a routine stage, unless the person is
A threat to Turkish security.
At this stage, the file is sent to the Turkish Cabinet to formally approve the naturalization file, and it is usually done
Send files in groups, so the length or short time required for this stage depends on the number of files
In the group, and the period of security study for it before it is transferred to the Council of Ministers.
Usually, reaching the stage presents the file at this stage to the Council of Ministers in Turkey, and its acceptance or rejection is announced.
After the Council of Ministers evaluates the naturalization file and announces its acceptance or rejection, it is sent back to the Civil Affairs Directorate, and it is informed of the result.
For the Directorate to play its role in completing the transactions of those accepted, or sending notifications to the rejected ones.
It is the last stage of the stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship, in which the ID card is prepared for those who are accepted and prepared
Their file is completely in the Directorate of Civil Affairs, and sending the cards to the address of the applicant via Turkish Post (PTT)
Thus, we can say that the applicant has officially obtained Turkish citizenship, and is treated on Turkish territory and outside it
He is a Turkish citizen with full rights.
How do I follow up on my nationality file?
- After you hand over the file to the Immigration Department, you will be given a code for your file, which is considered the application number. Keep it so that you can
- Follow-up developments in the stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship, and the transfer of your file from one stage to another.
- Through the Turkish citizenship file link, you can obtain the file information after registering the following information:
- The application number (Numarası Başvuru), which is a number that is given to the applicant after the first interview.
- The date of birth of the applicant (Tarihi Doğum.)
- Verify the image (Doğrulama Resim) by clicking on the square.
- Then press the Sorgula button.
- Then the result will appear, which shows the developments of the file and the stage is reached.
Notes on obtaining Turkish citizenship:
- The period of obtaining citizenship varies from one file to another, and usually, the files for naturalization through investment do not take time.
- The relevant authorities in Turkey are also working to remove any red tape and bureaucratic obstacles while presenting.
- The nationality file to expedite the stages of studying the file.
- The Directorate of Civil Affairs may contact you to complete some missing documents when necessary, or to submit some inquiries.
- Of your naturalization file
- Keep the code for the citizenship application and do not lose it.
- If the nationality file is deleted, you can go to the Immigration Department and file an objection to that, and you should seek the help of a Turkish lawyer
- Do not share the personal data and the application data for nationality, especially the application code.
- Do not change your residence address or phone number given to the Immigration Department during the application for citizenship
- Those coming to Turkey after the age of 22 are not required to undertake compulsory service in the Turkish army after obtaining
- Turkish citizenship, but you must review your recruitment division after you obtain the ID card to obtain
- On the exemption sheet, or you can do the compulsory service if you want no exemption.
In this brief report, Skyline provides you with an overview of the stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship, and the advantages of each
Stage, and the mechanism of moving the naturalization file from the application stage to the acceptance stage in detail, and we also introduced you to a useful follow-up method about the topic you are looking for.